Will spraying affect smoke alarms?
Spraying will trigger the smoke alarms. Remove smoke alarms and place outside of the spraying area. If removing the smoke alarms is not possible, keep fans in the work area and keep air flowing.
How do I clean my refinished surface?
Use cleaners that are not abrasive. 409 Cleaner or Dawn Dishwashing Liquid is preferred. Do not leave any soap residue.
Are there special precautions that I should take on the refinished surface?
- Do not cut directly on the refinished surface. Use a cutting board.
- Do not place any hot items on the refinished surface. Always use a trivet or potholder between hot items and the refinished surface.
- Do not put any solvents or dyes on the surface. Dyes will stain the coating.
I left a rag on my counter and it left a spot. What can I do to fix it?
Allow the area to dry and the spot should return to normal. If spot does not return to normal after the area is dry, the surface will need to be sanded and refinished.
What should I do if there is damage on the refinished surface?
Call a professional refinisher as soon as possible or the damage will worsen with time.
I have a leaky faucet, will it damage the refinished surface?
Yes, a leaky faucet may damage the surface. Call a plumber to fix the leak.
What happens if water lands on the wet painted surface?
Use a paper towel to soak the excess water. Dry using air hose and smooth the paint surface.
What do I do if I see particles floating in the resin?
Shake all components well before using.
The caulk is shrinking and is pulling paint away from the tub. How do I fix this?
If acrylic caulk, sand the area and repaint.
I am removing the masking and the paint is pulling up with the tape. How can I fix the area?
- Stop and use a razor to cut the masking. Mix a small amount of Part A (resin) and Part B (catalyst) and use a paint brush to touch up the area.
- If using StoneFlecks Ultra Multicolor Finish, use a small brush to touch up the area.
It is humid and the masking tape will not stick. What can be done?
Ensure good air flow in the work area. Use Moisture Extractor on the taping area or use a small hair dryer to remove excess moisture.
Why is the paint evaporating so quickly?
Paint will dry faster at higher temperatures. Use a slower reducer.
Why is the paint drying with a rough texture?
Check the following items:
- Is the spray gun clean? Paint contaminants may cause irregularities in the spray.
- Is the spray gun set up properly? Make sure the correct fluids settings are appropriate.
- Is the mix ratio correct? Check the information in this manual to ensure that the correct mix ratios were used.
- Was the technique correct? Make sure that paint is sprayed evenly and consistently.
I am out of reducer. What can I do to finish my project?
Call Hawk and ask to speak to one of our technical specialists.